MEET THE PASTOR
For a fun interview with Pastor Matt Randolph, click here!
Monthly Message From the Study of Donegal Presbyterian Church
“I Am Excited”
Well… we had a great beach trip with my family, we got to reconnect with a lot of dear friends and family, and the boys had a blast at their first E-town fair. Now as the last few days of summer go by, I have to say, I am excited for autumn. In fact, I love autumn. Yes the leaves change and the harvest happens, and it is beautiful. But that is not why I love it. Summer is a season where everyone is going in all kinds of directions. Autumn is when everyone comes home. It is almost like a family gathering. I am excited. I am excited to see you and I am ready for the church program year to kick into gear!
There are a number of events and opportunities coming up that will celebrate our church family, and I want to share them with you. So get your calendars ready!
- Sunday, September 11th - Rally Day & Church Picnic… We will hold one joint worship service at 11 a.m., commission our teachers and shepherds, and then join together for a family picnic. Matt McGough and I will be your grill masters!
- Sunday, September 18th - Children & Youth Christian Ed. classes kick off. Also, CWW will kick off then as well. I am really excited about the new curriculum for CWW. It is lectionary based, so the children will be learning age appropriate lessons on exactly the same scripture, on which our worship services will be focused!
- Sunday, September 18th - My Installation Service… Please come at 3 p.m. as the presbytery officially gathers to install me here at Donegal, and celebrate this new chapter in the church’s life. It will be a special time for me as it is a true homecoming, and I want to share it with you!
- Sunday, September 25th - Adult Christian Ed. class kicks off… Mike Wills is ready to lead the Adult class through my favorite Gospel, Luke!
- Sunday, September 25th - Youth Kick-off Pool Party… We are calling all of our middle school and high school youth together for a pool party at the Musser House. We hope this will be the beginning of a regular Youth gathering of fellowship and formation! And don’t be afraid to invite a friend!
Family is so important to me, and that includes the family we have all been called to be as the church by grace. So I am excited as we all return home and gather here at Donegal to be God’s family together. I’ll see you soon!
Your Brother in Christ,