FIRST SUNDAY OF ADVENT
NOVEMBER 27, 2016
9:00 A.M. Bulletin
BACK DOOR CHURCH
“A Reflection of the Light”
Everyone is invited to the Fellowship Hall
after worship for refreshments.
Christmas Market, Saturday, December 3. YOU can help make our Christmas Market a success! Please drop off your favorite HOMEMADE cookies, candies, jams, breads, etc. in Fellowship Hall on Thursday, December 1, 6-8 p.m. or Friday, December 2, 4-8 p.m. Many opportunities to help with set-up or at the Market. Sign-up in the Communication Center or Fellowship Hall. If you are on Facebook, please help us promote this event by sharing the flyer found on the church’s page, onto your own page! Thank you, and see you at the Market on December 3rd!
Fair Trade Coffee!
Did you know that we serve fair trade coffee, purchased from Equal Exchange, during Fellowship time? Profits from our purchase, not only, goes to small scale farmers, but Equal Exchange also donates a portion of our purchase to the Presbyterian Hunger Program! We encourage you to participate in this worthy project, and order a case of coffee for your drinking pleasure! Since we purchase the coffee thru the interfaith program, we can offer you the coffee at a lower price than you will find fair trade coffee in the grocery store! Any questions or to order, contact Pat Garrigan at 717-808-2120. Thank you for your support of Equal Exchange!
- THIS WEEK IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH:
- December Newsletter is in your church mailbox. Extra copies for visitors are available in the Narthex and Fellowship Hall.
- Donegal Men will meet Wednesday for breakfast, fellowship and prayer, at Gus’s Keystone Restaurant. In by 7:00, out by 8:00.
- Choir Rehearsal, Wednesday, 7:30 p.m.
LOOKING AHEAD IN THE LIFE OF THE CHURCH:
- Food Collection Day is Sunday, December 4. Help a hungry neighbor by bringing a generous offering of any of the following foods/items: sugar, flour, bisquick, syrup, tuna, canned meat, beef stew, fruit juice, peanut butter, crackers, macaroni & cheese, spaghetti & sauce, cold cereal, diapers, paper towels and toilet paper. (Place your items on the shelf provided by the entrance of the BDC. Best if your items are in bags or boxes.) Thanks for your continued support!
- Project 300 Meeting: A meeting to brainstorm ideas for the upcoming 300 year celebration of Donegal in 2021 will be held on Thursday, December 8, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. in Fellowship Hall. If you are interested in helping us plan for this great event, please plan to attend this meeting. It will begin the process for a celebration to mark this 300 year milestone of Donegal as a place of worship. Please let Matt or Portia know if you can attend.
- Diaconate Meeting, Thursday, December 8, 7:00 p.m.
- Stephen Minister Meeting, Thursday, December 8, 7:30 p.m.
- First Donegal Social Club Event will be held December 9 at McCleary’s Public House, 130 W. Front Street in Marietta, at 7:00 p.m. If interested, meet at the church at 6:45 to share rides. This event is open to all members 21 and over and their guests. RSVP to Matt McGough 717-917-1988 or email email@example.com by December 5th so we can give an accurate head count. Recommend attendees bring cash for ease of payment/splitting checks.
- CHURCH DIRECTORY: If you have not already checked the notebook in the Communication Center do so today. We are in the process of updating/printing a new church directory and would like to know the information we have on file is correct. Thanks so much!